Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Is it more common/easier for someone to go from teaching to another field or a non-teaching field to teaching?


I am a high school senior contemlating my future. I strongly want to be a teacher and really make an impact on students lives in the same way my teachers have mine, but I know I may regret not taking a chance on a more lucrative "traditional" job.If I want to teach at some point, should I go from college to teaching or first try my hand at consulting/behavioral economics and then possibly make the switch later?​P.S.I'm lucky enough to attend a school that is incredibly wealthy and, even with all possible resources, our teachers are stuck teaching classes in which 50% of students are at home and the other 50% are in the classroom. It's incredibly stressful and frankly impressive that our teachers can do what they do, so for all of you in working environments not filled to the brim with money, you blow me away. Even if we don't say it, students love our teachers. Does it suck to be applying to college now and smultaneiousy be slammed with work? Sure, but you have it worse and yet somehow you are excelling. I'm not wording this well. I guess I just want to say thank you. Like parents and their children, even if they're occasionally (or very often) incredibly frustrating to deal with, us kids love you all and are so incredibly thankful for all you do.​Much love,Me. via /r/Teachers https://ift.tt/3kctvMW

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts